Thursday, April 26, 2012

Should I really get a DX11 compatible desktop video card?

So I'm in need of a video card for my new system. (AMD Quad-core 2.6ghz, 4GB DDR3). And it seems like everyone it saying that I should just get a DX11 video card so that I won't have to upgrade again in the near future. Price is definitely important right now so I'm looking for a cheap but effective solution.



My main goal is to play some video games but it doesn't necessarily need to be Crysis on ultra settings. (My mobo supports PCI-E x16)|||I am currently in the process of purchasing a DX11 GPU.



Here is the card I will be buying: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



The reason I have decided to purchase a DX11 card is I want one now to avoid the upgrade in the future.|||DX11 cards are awesome... I think everyone is right, go all out and get the latest technology. Who knows what game will come out tomorrow, and DX11 specific titles will be coming out soon, you don't want to miss them.|||It will probably be a while before you see games that require directX 11 to run and if you are currently not maxing out your computers graphic capabilities I dont see the need for you to upgrade. Cards continually get better and the older cards keep dropping in price. I would wait until you run in to a game in which you need the extra power before upgrading the card. That way you will probably be able to get a better card for cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment