Thursday, April 26, 2012

Desktop Video Card to 1080P LED TV. Which Cord To Use?

Hello, I am looking to use my new TV coming in Tuesday of next week as my monitor for my Desktop. I was wondering which cable I needed to have video going out from my computer to my television.

Would it be DVI to HDMI? or

Would it be HDMI to HDMI?



Which would give the best quality? And Also, I know if its HDMI to HDMI it wouldnt matter as if each side were male or female but if I had to go DVI to HDMI which side would both sides need to be male or female?



This is my video card-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161301



This is my TV it will be being displayed on-

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5006300&csid=ITD&body=MAIN#detailspecs



Thanks everyone! :)|||Your video card seems to have an HDMI output, so I would have to say that would be your best option. HDMI is the superior output.|||I wonder that myself. I am still running my 37" HDTV with the desktop I built a month ago with the VGA. Somebody posted something I read and he said he had a better picture with the DVI to HDMI than HDMI to HDMI. I am pretty sure audio will not be transferred with the DVI cable. I personally am leaning towards this because I do not want audio from the tv. I have an Logitech 5.1 speaker system hooked up to the computer. On my tv one of the HDMI hookups is specifically if you use the DVI to HDMI. I am under the impression it is more of a personal preference. What looks good to you might not look good to me. Age, quality of eyesight, stuff like that. I get the feeling I will end up buying both cables to try. Found these on newegg.



HDMI to DVI



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



HDMI



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



I figure that the price of the 2 together with shipping is not to bad. By the way savage card. I used a XFX 5770. Do not game just wanted a decent graphics card. Hope this helps. Kinda figure it won't. Good Luck and enjoy the new hardware.

No comments:

Post a Comment