Thursday, April 26, 2012

Laptop Video Card VS Desktop Video Card?

Ok..



So I have an Acer 17' Laptop- i7 - 8GB RAM - 1TB HDD - 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650...



PC : HP - AMD Phenom X3 - 4GB RAM, 7500GB HDD, 1GB ALLOCATED!! Nvidia 9100.



.....* yeah...it's a triple core..so what....=(*



I'm wondering about getting a new graphics card for my desktop. I was looking at the XFX HD-567X-ZNF3 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card. for 109$-130$



Would this make my desktop noticeably stronger than my laptop? I want to run Lumion flawlessly.



Would a 1GB Videocard perform better on a Desktop than on a Laptop? In comparing the specs, is it a good buy? How much should I spend on a good video card?



Thnx for the help, all answers welcome.|||laptop cards run 30-50% slower then their desktop counterpart (look at a 5870 vs mobile 5870, the mobile has half as many cores), so it would make gaming faster in any case where you cpu is not maxed out. the 720 or 740 you have will run faster then most tri cores





for rendering you should really look at getting a workstation card. and you didnt list and cpu models but you can look up the differences here. and ya, you would notice a difference between a 5670 and 5770 in gaming, cant say for rendering.



http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpu…|||buy a ATI 5770 with the money, the desktop would be better in GPU wise but if were talking about processor your i7 would be since it has 8 cores. because of hyper threading.

No comments:

Post a Comment