Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hp pavilion slimline desktop video card issues, am I doomed from playing Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3?

I have an HP desktop slimline s5390d brand new with Intel® Core i3 , Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit), 2GB RAM, but video card Integrated on motherboard (see motherboard and chipset) (with 128MB shared graphics memory). It took me a long time to keep saving on this and was attracted on the minimal space it required, and was planning on buying a great video card later after saving. Starcraft 2 is coming and it requires great performing video card which I don't think is supported by my new desktop. It's just recently that I discovered slimlines only allow low profile video cards. Has anyone found a half sized video card with low power usage that is able to play the coming games. I am beginning to really regret buying this non-upgradeable desktop and it has only just been less than a month. Or am I doomed on not being able to play these games unless I buy a new desktop designed for gaming. Please help|||Something like this : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as… is what you are going to need. Without knowing the specifics about the game you are trying to play, I don't know if it is "enough" video card for it. This what I found for requirements: The minimum system requirements for the Starcraft II Beta are as follows:



PC Minimum Requirements:

• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7

• 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor

• 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7

• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card

• 1024x768 minimum display resolution

• 4 GB free hard space (Beta)

• Broadband connection



Here is what your motherboard has and supports: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum…



This is the problem with "slimline" or "all-in-one" computers. They are very restricted in their ability to upgrade. What you buy is often all you will ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment